Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Tease




I'm having a fleeting moment of nostalgia this morning. After a brief rain and thunderstorm last night, we awoke to dry air and cool temps. I found myself taking deep breaths and reminiscing about May mornings back in Iowa. The ones that start out crisp and clear...birdsong in the air and spring green leaves sprayed over the trees and bushes. Gently those days warm in the sun, giving you just a taste of what's to come in June and July.  This is how spring should be...all the way through May. But I know that "cold fronts" and refreshing breezes are soon to be replaced by moist, warm air that wraps around you like sauna steam and makes you sweat before you even reach the car in the driveway. In just weeks (or days), morning temps in the 50's will be nothing more than wishful thinking.  But this morning, I get the chance to be nostalgic and connected to my Midwest spring roots. I will enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment