Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where has April Gone?


I was amazed today when someone asked me the date and I had to tell them, "the 20th." Where has April gone? It seems like just yesterday we were returning to school after spring break. Now we are down to 30 days of school left before the lazy summer begins. At the beginning of the month, I was committed to writing more, trying out some poetry, doing some written reflection about my reading. I've done very little of any of it. I've managed a few entries in my writer's notebook and one lonely post for April on my blog. I truly envy my literary friends and mentors who find time to write every day...and I wonder how they manage to make it happen. I know they are every bit as busy as me (if not more so.) I'm uneasy with how quickly the days pass by. I sometimes wonder if moving so quickly through life, doing so many things, is not nearly as meaningful or fulfilling as having a few things I really love doing and to do them fully and completely. I wish for a little more simplicity and peace to enjoy what's happening in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment