Today will be a quick post as we have family in town for the weekend. I passed a milestone today that I just need to celebrate publicly. I wrote my last entry in my notebook today. It's the first notebook I have ever filled from cover to cover which is very exciting.
For years, I was a collector of notebooks and journals, yet I think I was afraid to use them. They often sat empty or with only a few entries. For a time, I tried having different notebooks for different purposes. But in July 2012, I started my "butterfly" journal, committed to filling its pages.
Nearly three years later it's complete. That seems crazy. Three years to fill one journal? Yes, three years. The journey has been a difficult one personally, and professionally. As I read back over some of my entries, my emotional healing is apparent. As the time passed, I wrote more and more. My entries three years ago sound nothing like me. But I can hear my own voice again in my more recent writing. The "butterfly" journal was an important part of my growth and healing. It's bittersweet to have finished it, but I have a new one waiting.
Happy Writing!!
Wow! That's a great accomplishment. I have lots of unfinished notebooks sitting around. Maybe I should make that a goal to completely fill one. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that is amazing! Congratulations (and I'm jealous). I'd love to know you mantra for continuing to the end. Enjoy the accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. I have lots of partially filled journals and notebooks and notes and essays on my various devices. Maybe it's time to fill the remaining blank pages.
ReplyDelete