- We spent time with my nieces and the girls got to have them spend the night.
- We watched Iowa State win the Big 12 Tournament (and then sadly lose early in the NCAA.)
- We bought a bike rack for the car.
- We packed/traveled/camped/biked/hiked...with friends and family for 3 days.
- I did LOTS of laundry.
- I 'deeply' cleaned the kitchen...which needed to be done.
- I got a cold and forced myself to lay on the couch for a day and a half, reading and watching 80's/90's chick flicks.
- I made two batches of soup as we usher out winter.
- I read (nearly every day.)
- I wrote (every day.)
- We watched some movies together as a family.
- I prepared clothes I'm selling at a consignment sale later this week.
I'm torn when I look at this list. It's missing some big 'rocks' that I really wanted to climb over this week; however, I'm working hard to keep perspective. Going back to work does not mean I need to put other things in my life on hold. It just means I need to be more creative and intentional about how I get things done.
I'd say you accomplished quite a lot. Those "big rocks" will still be there for another time. Enjoy your last day and keep those boulders out of your sight.
ReplyDeleteD :)
It sounds like a lovely week! I like how you carefully chose your focus when you made your list. :) Enjoy your day and return to school invigorated and with that same focus on the positive!
ReplyDeleteContinue to celebrate the positives that you did achieve. Life's not perfect but we are after all human, and we really don't have to do 100 things during our week of spring break!
ReplyDeleteContinue to celebrate the positives that you did achieve. Life's not perfect but we are after all human, and we really don't have to do 100 things during our week of spring break!
ReplyDeleteI'm still two weeks away from spring break. Yours sounds wonderful, except for the cold. Finish strong!
ReplyDeleteyou rocked your spring break! I always feel that way, too, though--the where-did-the-week-GO feeling? enjoy your day today!
ReplyDeleteYou did a lot this week on top of being sick. There is always something more to do. I'm glad that you focused on what you did do in this post. It is always nice to focus on the positives!
ReplyDeleteHow terrible to be sick during spring break. But look at what you did accomplished. My break is two weeks away. Savor this last day.
ReplyDelete