Thursday, March 12, 2015

Tired

Today I'm tired because:

I woke up to lightening and thunder at 5:30 this morning.

It rained ALL DAY, (again) and while I'm so grateful for the moisture to help heal our drought, I'm soooo sleepy when the sun doesn't show its face. 

My students had to deal with the disappointment of a canceled field day and somehow muster the self-control to make it through a semi-regular school day. Which in turn, took a lot of my energy to remain patient and positive.  

We tested for two full days this week. That alone is enough to drain all my energy.

I had to stare at/pour over/analyze, and plan using data from aforementioned tests. 

I've eaten too many carbs this week due to aforementioned tests.

Writing samples for my ELL students were due today, and there are so many things to check and verify in order to avoid "testing irregularities." 

Report cards go home tomorrow which must include latest test results, reminders that state testing is approaching and current reading levels. 

Soccer practice got canceled which means dinner to make and homework to help with (no alone time for mom!)

Spring break starts in 24 hours and my brain is racing with all the things I want to do (for fun and for "catch up.") Starting my mental to-do list is forcing me out of the present into the future which often drains my energy. 

I'm thankful to have all these blessings (well most of them) in life to wear me out! Overall it was a good day. I'll go to bed feeling exhausted but blessed!!






3 comments:

  1. You are in the thick of living life! That is something to celebrate. Enjoy your (coming soon) Spring break.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing from your list that stood out the most to me was the canceled the field trip-- oh, the agony!! How awful! On top of testing, I'm sure that was a double-hard blow for you and the kiddos! Sounds like you deserve the spring break that's coming! :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've eaten too many carbs this week due to aforementioned tests. Love that line because I've pretty much done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete