Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hurry Up Cinnamon Rolls

Hurry Up Cinnamon Rolls...

This is not a wish.

This the new name of the cinnamon rolls I'm trying to make tonight.

They are not normally a, "hurry up" kind of thing.

But tomorrow we leave to go camping. For our assigned breakfast, I'm bringing cinnamon rolls. I want to bring cinnamon rolls. I love to bake them, they are great for a crowd and perfect when I can get them out of my house and into the mouths of others. I've been known to eat quite a few myself.

My family really enjoys camping, but getting ready for camping sometimes feels like it takes longer than the time we spend actually camping. That's why I'm starting cinnamon rolls at 9:30 the night before we leave. Shopping and packing took longer than expected today.

I heated the milk and sugar very quickly...I hope it didn't scorch.

Added the yeast...Please be the right temperature.

Scooped and poured flour...So, there's a little on the floor.

Please rise, please rise, please rise.

We will see in an hour.

Then up at the crack of dawn to roll, fill, rise and bake! They are totally worth it in the end when the soft, gooey, spicy, sweet, melt-in your mouth rolls fill the house with their luscious aroma. Not to mention getting to eat them.

I just hope "Hurry Up Cinnamon Rolls" are as good as the ones I usually make.

5 comments:

  1. Ah! Hurry Up Food! This is a bold new category of cooking! I made pizza dough at midnight the other night to have today - I get it! You should write a book. I think they'll be just as good - filled with love either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like the pleasure of homemade dough and the smell of yeastbreads. My mouth is watering, just thinking about cinnamon rolls. You've inspired me - maybe I'll make some tomorrow! Have fun camping:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything better for breakfast than homemade cinnamon rolls. I baked cookies tonight as my kids are getting ready to leave for their spring break trip to the Shenandoah National Park. Homemade goodies are such a nice treat. Enjoy your camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your daily support! I appreciate it.

      Delete