Tonight might be the month's shortest post. I'm not particularly inspired today; however, I just spent 30 minutes pep-talking my very frustrated, 11-year old, beginning French Horn player. During the conversation, I brought up this monthly challenge. I've always loved writing. I had people throughout my life compliment me and tell me that I was good at writing. I've thought about making a career of writing; however, I never put in the work and the effort that it would take to achieve that dream. I let other things take priority. I use tiredness as an excuse (among other things.) I get frustrated when it doesn't feel good/right. I'm just like my beginning French Horn player.
This month (present post excluded) has shown me how dedicating time to a craft can yield growth and positive results, even in a short time. I'm thankful for the opportunity to make this writing commitment. I hope it has put me on the path I've been wanting to walk for some time now. I never imagined this experience might help me help my daughter. Hopefully this model will show her that we all have to work and struggle in pursuit of what we really want to achieve.
Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment